There’s no shortage of Florida Gulf Coast beachfront hotels and resorts, but which ones are best for your honeymoon or a romantic getaway?
When you consider location, amenities, security, and other
factors, there are 10 that stand above the rest.
1. Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa: Book the Gulf Front Terrace Suite to enjoy a large balcony with expansive views of the Gulf of Mexico. Even lower-priced rooms offer great views, and Clearwater Beach is right outside the hotel doors. Take advantage of world-class dining options and a full-service spa.
2. WaterColor Inn & Resort: Located just south of Grayton Beach State Park, this hotel features six swimming pools and offers all guess a one-hour kayak or canoe rental. In addition to hotel rooms, they rent out luxury vacation homes.
3. Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa: With two private 18-hole championship golf courses and direct access to the Gulf of Mexico, it’s no wonder this is a leading beachfront resort in Florida. The Balinese-style spa is also quite impressive.
4. Henderson Beach Resort: Reserve a suite and book time in the full-service spa, and then slip out the door to white sandy beaches and sparkling emerald waters. Make sure to visit the relaxation rooms, and then explore the 200 acres of nature preserves in the surrounding area.
5. Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa: When you’ve had enough of the 10-acre private beach, walk a couple minutes down the street to watch for dolphins at the Clearwater Marina. This is a great location if you want to enjoy a variety of attractions in and around Clearwater.
6. Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina: Explore Fort Myers Beach and Estero Bay by renting wave runners or booking a sailing adventure directly through this hotel. Located just south of Fort Myers and Captiva Island, this is one of the best Florida hotels for water sports and cruises.
7. Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa: You’ll find this luxurious resort just south of Naples and minutes from many of the best Marco Island attractions. Most rooms feature views of the Gulf or lush gardens maintained by the resort, but there are some larger suites with balconies that deliver spectacular views of the water. A golf course is just minutes away, spa services are always available, and the restaurant will make you feel like you’re in the Caribbean.
8. The Pearl Hotel: This boutique hotel is located in the Rosemary Beach area and provides direct access to a private beach. It also has delicious dining options and cozy rooms in a convenient northern Florida location.
9. Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa: This resort includes an award-winning spa and direct access to some of the most prized beaches in northwest Florida. From romantic suites with spectacular views to a long list of beach activities, this is an inclusive resort that offers a little of everything for visitors of all ages.
10. Hilton Garden Inn Panama City: Who says you can’t visit Florida’s Gulf Coast on a tight budget? This is a more affordable option to many of the larger Gulf resorts, but it still provides direct access to the beach and just enough amenities to ensure that you feel pampered.
Before you select a Florida Gulf Coast beachfront hotel, think about how it will add enjoyment to your trip. Whether you want to go snorkeling and diving or your primary goal is to relax in a secluded location, there is a beachfront hotel perfectly suited to your personality and budget.